There are so many reasons we decide not to go after our dreams, right? Here were some of mine:
1. Worried about what my family and friends might think.
2. Not sure what it is I want to do.
3. Fear of the unknown.
4. What if it doesn’t work out?
5. Fearful of learning something new.
6. Feeling overwhelmed.
Oh, and there are so many more!
How about you?
What is it that you tell yourself that keeps you from moving forward?
Let’s take apart the excuses listed above…
1. Worried about what my family and friends might think. Before you reveal your hopes and dreams to your friends and family, it’s important to first investigate the career or business opportunity you’re looking into. Learn all you can. Seek out opinions of people who are already doing what you’d like to do. Then, if you’re ready to go forward with your plan, only reveal it to a friend or family member who will totally lift you up and support you.
2. Not sure what I want to do. It’s time to place the search words in Google to begin your investigation. Look at several different careers that you might have an interest in. My list would probably have 20 – how many would yours have? Then find out what the duties are in each career. Do you see yourself working in any of them day to day?
3. Fear of the unknown. It can be scary to move into a new career or business that you’re completely unfamiliar with. But it can also be a time filled with adventure and excitement. This is when negativity from our past can try to stop us in our tracks. Don’t allow this to happen to you – push through it and you will rise to the top as the winner!
4. What if it doesn’t work out. When you begin your journey, it’s important to remain positive. Everything you learn along the way is valuable and will help you as you move forward. The idea you have now of where you might end up might not be your end game. Be open to learning and growing and discovering more about yourself.
5. A feeling of overwhelm. As you move into God’s purpose for your life, the steps necessary to get there may feel overwhelming. But no one said you had to accomplish everything overnight. Write out your goals and then write out the steps to accomplish each one. Keep a record of everything in a notebook or on your computer.
Now, get up and GO!