Remember to Dance!
As you begin a new journey, whether it be building a business, following a long time dream or you’re beginning a weight loss program, how you think and what you speak will determine what the outcome is in the long run.
What do you tell yourself? Do you speak as if your dreams will never amount to anything or do you tell yourself that you CAN do this?
Who do you listen to? Do you listen to advice from those who have refused to follow their own dreams? Or, do you follow and connect with those who have successfully achieved their end goal?
How do you get off this merry go round of negativity?
Can you go from thinking of yourself as a complete failure to believing that there are qualities within you that with hard work will lead you down the path to your God-given destiny?
Yes, you can!
It takes something very simple. A change of ATTITUDE.
How hard will you work?
Have you written out your goals?
Procrastination will absolutely kill the creative spirit, so it is time to move!
Working for an employer who truly cares about your well being is truly glorious. I worked for a company in New Jersey where the employees gathered in the break room every morning before the workday began to pass pleasantries and to share family news.
Our vice president walked throughout the office buildings and factory several times during the day to touch base with the supervisors and employees. When Secretaries/Administrative Day arrived, the staff was taken out to lunch and given gifts of appreciation.
The feeling of family was very strong here.
As I remember back, I understand how rare this is today. Yet, this type of atmosphere can be created easily. It should begin at the top but often starts with the employees. When birthdays and anniversaries are celebrated, a feeling of warmth overtakes the business and it becomes a place you want to get up and go to day after day.
Love and caring truly make a difference in our everyday worklife.
Why isn’t the culture of caring and love exist in most businesses today? I guess one of the reasons is if you haven’t experienced this type of workplace, you really think the opposite is the norm. But it can begin with one person who cares. One person who decides to change it for the good.
A culture of caring and compassion makes for a happier workplace. Walls come tumbling down and people decide to work well together. Being highly productive becomes a source of pride because the employees want to work hard for a company who respects and cares about them.
How can you help your company change to a more positive culture today? What one step will you take to change?
There are so many reasons we decide not to go after our dreams, right? Here were some of mine:
1. Worried about what my family and friends might think.
2. Not sure what it is I want to do.
3. Fear of the unknown.
4. What if it doesn’t work out?
5. Fearful of learning something new.
6. Feeling overwhelmed.
Oh, and there are so many more!
How about you?
What is it that you tell yourself that keeps you from moving forward?
Let’s take apart the excuses listed above…
1. Worried about what my family and friends might think. Before you reveal your hopes and dreams to your friends and family, it’s important to first investigate the career or business opportunity you’re looking into. Learn all you can. Seek out opinions of people who are already doing what you’d like to do. Then, if you’re ready to go forward with your plan, only reveal it to a friend or family member who will totally lift you up and support you.
2. Not sure what I want to do. It’s time to place the search words in Google to begin your investigation. Look at several different careers that you might have an interest in. My list would probably have 20 – how many would yours have? Then find out what the duties are in each career. Do you see yourself working in any of them day to day?
3. Fear of the unknown. It can be scary to move into a new career or business that you’re completely unfamiliar with. But it can also be a time filled with adventure and excitement. This is when negativity from our past can try to stop us in our tracks. Don’t allow this to happen to you – push through it and you will rise to the top as the winner!
4. What if it doesn’t work out. When you begin your journey, it’s important to remain positive. Everything you learn along the way is valuable and will help you as you move forward. The idea you have now of where you might end up might not be your end game. Be open to learning and growing and discovering more about yourself.
5. A feeling of overwhelm. As you move into God’s purpose for your life, the steps necessary to get there may feel overwhelming. But no one said you had to accomplish everything overnight. Write out your goals and then write out the steps to accomplish each one. Keep a record of everything in a notebook or on your computer.
Now, get up and GO!
When you think about the people in your life who have impacted you the most, who comes to mind? Is it an elderly aunt or uncle? Or is it your elderly grandmother?
Who spent time with you when life became tough to bear? Does the face of that special someone come to mind immediately?
For me, it was my maternal grandmother. Her kindness was personally known by so many. Grandma had a ready smile for everyone and genuinely loved people.
She is a true hero to me because she cared enough to spend time with me. Her love, kindness, courage and faith inspire me still to this day.
Have you had a chance to be a hero to someone in your life? God has someone specifically picked out for you to share your love, wisdom and knowledge with. Are you open to God’s direction?
Ask Him to give you this opportunity and He will deliver just the right person to you.
No matter what your age or experience, it’s time to give back, to mentor and to pay it forward.
Trying is more than being good enough. It’s giving your absolutely best.
Yes, yes…you could wait until your so-called ducks are in a row but I have to tell you – sometimes you just have to jump!
What skills do you need in order to make your dream job or business a reality?
Make a list and then one by one work yourself closer to a master achiever. It’s as simple as planning your work and working your plan. There’s a saying that goes, “Time waits for no one” and that’s true. Think about where you want to be exactly 30 days from now. Be very realistic.
Write out your list of goals for the next 30 days.
Pick one goal and begin working toward it.
Let go of the fear and fly!
Frenemy or Bff?
In most families there are many different personality types. There are givers, takers, uplifters and downshifters. LOL!
The message that came thru loud and clear during my junior high and high school years was that nothing much was expected of me. Aside from learning how to clean the house and wash dishes, I was challenged to achieve passing grades in school and that’s about it. No honor roll needed, no plans for college.
Oh, and there was a definite pressure to be thin. Thin equaled success.
I set out with the prescribed goals in mind and as a result, did not strive for excellence. Middle ground was enough.
As I entered my twenties, the desire for something more began to rise up within me. I began to question my own spirituality and the desires God had placed in my heart to write and to minister to others.
So after taking some of life’s detours and traveling down paths that were not at all beneficial to me (poor relationships, bad diets, no direction), I came to know Jesus as my Savior. The experience was a total compass reset.
So, where are you in your life’s journey right now?
Do you feel lost at sea?
Stories to tell but no one to tell them to?
I’m here to tell you that there is One who adores you. He gave His life for you, stands by your side and His name is Jesus. Give Him your heart and soul today.
He’s your true BFF.
Barbara Corcoran was originally rejected from Shark Tank.
Seriously? She’s a total dynamo!
But, it’s true. She was offered the job and 4 days before she was to fly out to Hollywood, producer Mark Burnett changed his mind.
Barbara felt totally rejected for a bit and then something else kicked in.
She decided to fight back!
And she was given the position of one of the top sharks in the tank.
You see, no one is immune from rejection. Emotionally, we place all of eggs in one basket and when it doesn’t “go”, we’re devastated. But what if what we’re determined to achieve is not really good for us? What if it’s not in God’s plan?
Then, yes, it’s time to let it go and wait expectantly.
Sometimes, though, we know as we know that we’re on the right path as Barbara Corcoran did and we have to give it our all.
No more bullying!
- Constant criticism of your hopes and dreams
- Verbal abuse
- Lack of support
All of it can contribute to a feeling of being frozen in place, of not being able to move forward.
Your decision to stop listening will cause a major mindset shift. Listen to this audio … One simple decision.
Prepare for Failure !
Wait! What??? Excuse Me?
Do you tend to hide behind walls either or your own or someone else’s making?
It may feel safe fo awhile but living this way is unfullfilling and very disappointing.
Instead, you need to prepare to launch!
Did you know that God had a plan for your life long before you were born?
He did. And He absolutely adores you. He said so in His Word.
So what will you do with the knowledge that God, indeed, has your best interests in mind?
What will you do with the understanding that He will be with you every step of the way?
When you fall down, He’ll be there.
But you have to get up and begin walking into all that He has for you. His plan and purpose for your life are a definite. And there are people waiting to hear what you have to give and say to them.
So, now what’s next?
It’s time to empty out all of your God-given gifts. The supply is unending.